|Copyright 1987 Full Moon Pictures and Colorcast Productions Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Lisa - Chunky girl who lives. Knocked up by a zombie, but alive...
- Drinking Dude - Heck I dunno, they don't name him anywhere. He is always drinking alcohol though.
- Sally and Theresa - Two girls with the camping group who get chomped early on.
- Wilbur, Andy, and Bob - All get eaten of course, Wilbur is the head camper. Andy is hell bent for hygiene, Bob is the acid-popping med student.
- Pa, Ma, Jethro, Junior, and Elly May Clemson - The Clemson clan, not only do they create the contaminated moonshine - they drink it and become zombies! Elly May is a guy by the way, he has some gender issues.
- Ferd Mertz - Very heavy hick, finds and give the Clemsons the drum full of toxic waste, he becomes a zombie.
- Robinson - Army guy who loses the barrel off his jeep, Ferd Mertz crushes his head. (Choice stuff, see below.)
|Here is one of the great films from my home state of Delaware. I never noticed all the fat women in high school, maybe they plump up later... Though the plot crawls at times this movie has some cool gore going for it, especially Robinson's eyes popping out when his head gets crushed. Ferd Mertz finds the barrel of toxic waste but gives it to the Clemsons to settle a dispute. (He shot up their previous still.) They use it to brew moonshine for the entire town, needless to say: "Moonshine mixed with chemical and nuclear waste is BAD." Everybody starts turning into zombies and munching anyone not one, so enters the plight our campers face. That's pretty much the plot my friends, oh there are plenty of little nuances. Like the men watching screaming chickens on TV and who have a woman wrapped in tape. Let's not forget the weird tobacco man, he wears this burlap sack on his head - I dunno either. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Don't give the masochistic pyromaniac a lit cigarette.
- Highly classified chemical and nuclear waste is transported in the back of a jeep.
- "Slim" is hardly the appropriate term for some guy wearing size 60 pants.
- Barrels previously used for toxic waste are the last thing to make your still out of.
- If someone's torso is missing it's safe to say they're dead.
- Bactine is good for minor cuts, abrasions, and zombie bites.
- When performing an autopsy do not puke in the cadaver.
- Underarm deoderant melts zombies.
- Zombies speak French.
- Shooting anything at a range of eight feet with a shotgun is going to require bathing later.
- 1 min - A fifty-five gallon drum of chemical AND nuclear waste?
- 16 mins - This big redneck has got to stop acting effeminate.
- 25 mins - One scene it's summer, the next it's winter...
- 27 mins - Dude is actually pissing in the pond.
- 29 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST FOREARM HAIR!
- 31 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 33 mins - Okay, we get the idea, they are turning into zombies. Enough weird effects!
- 36 mins - Still turning into zombies.
- 50 mins - What is this, Silence of the Chickens? Why are all these chicks on the screen accompanied by screaming?
- Ending Credits - Now here is a definative study in repeating names. Hmmm, E.W. Benson and W.E. Nesbed...
- Pa Clemson: "You quit your sassing boy, I pulled you out of your mother and I'll shove yah right back in. Now you get in that truck and you skeddadle."
- Guy: "Hahaha! I like knockers!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Wilbur: "Don't be singing those spirituals now Theresa." |
Theresa: "I'll tell you what, I'll just sing about redneck white boys who are a pain in their own ass."
||Pa Clemson: "But if you ever mess around our still again, Ferd Mertz, you're going to be picking buckshot from where the sun don't shine!" |
Ferd Mertz: "You mean Antartica?"
||Wilbur: "Anyway, you're going to love this place. It's a dynamite camping spot, and it's got a pond to piss in."
||Bob: "What are you doing, feeding us to your cousins or something?"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on October 21, 2000, 02:14:58 PM by Mark Shook
You forgot something else we all learned from this movie:
That the best possible time to drop a lot of acid is when you are being pursued by flesh-eating zombies. I'm trying to think, what movie beat this one out for the Emmy that year?
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by jason rissmann
My friends and i rented this movie one night hoping we would see some T/A but wee didn't it really sucks don't rent it i don't care how desperate you are
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Izzy
REDNECK ZOMBIES is, without questioning, one of the best Troma movies ever. It is f**king HYSTERICAL! I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "birds and the bees" scene yet ("Well Daddy, first the bees, they collect the pollen")
Reply #20. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Max Levin
I bought this movie some weeks ago because I thought it would scare the s**t out of me... but I rather LAUGHTED the s**t out of me instead!
Boy, was I unprepeared for THIS much laughter! The characters are brilliant ,even though I think the drinking guy (His name ISN'T Hoss!) was a bit overrated... but he's funny in that way that he's drinking in almost every scene he is involved with. And so it ends in a brilliant way, too! :D
But the whole film made me sick. It's not the gore or the fact that it's recorded with a camcorder, it's actually the tripping-scenes that made me wanna puke! You could get epileptic shakes from stuff like that! Sweet 80's, sweet C64... :)
But I hope that no one has missed out the fact that all the characters hairlength varies from scene to scene! My question is: Why? Why didn't they the producer tell them to cut their hair every once in a week or get a wig or something. Just look at Bob. He doesn't even fit in long hair! Blimey...
Well, as you might have noticed, I like this movie! I was going to write about it sooner than now but, you see, I had to watch it over and over again. Just because! :)
BTW, this is the first Troma-flick I buy. I have ordered Tromeo & Juliet. Hope it is as good as I expect! :9
Reply #21. Posted on September 26, 2001, 02:52:02 AM by Marcus
Another over the top film by Troma! I saw this one and had to get it and after watching it I was glad I did! The acting is horrid but meant to be that way because the gore is the true star. By the way, where does that guy keep all that liquor??? Rock On!
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Joe Stalin
Be afraid, be very afraid.
The most frightning aspect of this movie is the thought that the U.S Government transports nuke waste in open WW2-era surplus jeeps.Is this acurate?Also. I found the box cover very misleading. I was expecting a hot blonde chick with big cans, and all I got was some fat geek girl and a black dude p**sing for the camera. I so angry that I had to go to the local peeler joint to calm down.This THE worst movie I have ever seen.
Reply #23. Posted on January 16, 2002, 09:34:01 AM by Joe Stalin
I just read my last message.Sorry about all the missing words kids, but whenever I start thinking about how much I hate REDNECK ZOMBIES my typing skills go right in in the crapper.
Reply #24. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by "Weird Al" Yankovic
Hey! I loved this movie! It was some of the funniest crap I've ever seen in my life! The "Knockers" scene was great! I like knockers too! Dang! This movie made the Family Auto Mart show look like Tuna Fish! It had so much humor! The rednecks are great! They're always Jolly Poppin' and Windjammin! I'm such a fan of this movie that I filled a MASON jar with green Kool-Aid and put it on a shelf in my house. (My mom didn't understand it and told me to give her back her friggin jar! Some people just don't get it!) Well the crappy special effects were really stupid. My Friends, who I will not mention my name, J. and Marshall were grossed out by the gore and were about to vomit by the time it got to the third victim. But not me! Man, BOB SHOULD HAVE SURVIVED! Oh sure BOB! BOB is dead!And I suppose that, uh, BOB was all clean and decent. Let's all agree that BOB dying was not gory!
This movie made me appreciate life! And now I'll never go camping again! Well, that's about it! I'm gonna go get the Drunk Hippie dude from redneck zombies and jump in my Yugo!
I'm sure I've wasted enough of your time! Well, gotta go!
P.S. Marshall called some girl a HO!
|Pages: 1 2  4 5 6 |