|Copyright 1987 Full Moon Pictures and Colorcast Productions Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Lisa - Chunky girl who lives. Knocked up by a zombie, but alive...
- Drinking Dude - Heck I dunno, they don't name him anywhere. He is always drinking alcohol though.
- Sally and Theresa - Two girls with the camping group who get chomped early on.
- Wilbur, Andy, and Bob - All get eaten of course, Wilbur is the head camper. Andy is hell bent for hygiene, Bob is the acid-popping med student.
- Pa, Ma, Jethro, Junior, and Elly May Clemson - The Clemson clan, not only do they create the contaminated moonshine - they drink it and become zombies! Elly May is a guy by the way, he has some gender issues.
- Ferd Mertz - Very heavy hick, finds and give the Clemsons the drum full of toxic waste, he becomes a zombie.
- Robinson - Army guy who loses the barrel off his jeep, Ferd Mertz crushes his head. (Choice stuff, see below.)
|Here is one of the great films from my home state of Delaware. I never noticed all the fat women in high school, maybe they plump up later... Though the plot crawls at times this movie has some cool gore going for it, especially Robinson's eyes popping out when his head gets crushed. Ferd Mertz finds the barrel of toxic waste but gives it to the Clemsons to settle a dispute. (He shot up their previous still.) They use it to brew moonshine for the entire town, needless to say: "Moonshine mixed with chemical and nuclear waste is BAD." Everybody starts turning into zombies and munching anyone not one, so enters the plight our campers face. That's pretty much the plot my friends, oh there are plenty of little nuances. Like the men watching screaming chickens on TV and who have a woman wrapped in tape. Let's not forget the weird tobacco man, he wears this burlap sack on his head - I dunno either. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Don't give the masochistic pyromaniac a lit cigarette.
- Highly classified chemical and nuclear waste is transported in the back of a jeep.
- "Slim" is hardly the appropriate term for some guy wearing size 60 pants.
- Barrels previously used for toxic waste are the last thing to make your still out of.
- If someone's torso is missing it's safe to say they're dead.
- Bactine is good for minor cuts, abrasions, and zombie bites.
- When performing an autopsy do not puke in the cadaver.
- Underarm deoderant melts zombies.
- Zombies speak French.
- Shooting anything at a range of eight feet with a shotgun is going to require bathing later.
- 1 min - A fifty-five gallon drum of chemical AND nuclear waste?
- 16 mins - This big redneck has got to stop acting effeminate.
- 25 mins - One scene it's summer, the next it's winter...
- 27 mins - Dude is actually pissing in the pond.
- 29 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST FOREARM HAIR!
- 31 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 33 mins - Okay, we get the idea, they are turning into zombies. Enough weird effects!
- 36 mins - Still turning into zombies.
- 50 mins - What is this, Silence of the Chickens? Why are all these chicks on the screen accompanied by screaming?
- Ending Credits - Now here is a definative study in repeating names. Hmmm, E.W. Benson and W.E. Nesbed...
- Pa Clemson: "You quit your sassing boy, I pulled you out of your mother and I'll shove yah right back in. Now you get in that truck and you skeddadle."
- Guy: "Hahaha! I like knockers!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Wilbur: "Don't be singing those spirituals now Theresa." |
Theresa: "I'll tell you what, I'll just sing about redneck white boys who are a pain in their own ass."
||Pa Clemson: "But if you ever mess around our still again, Ferd Mertz, you're going to be picking buckshot from where the sun don't shine!" |
Ferd Mertz: "You mean Antartica?"
||Wilbur: "Anyway, you're going to love this place. It's a dynamite camping spot, and it's got a pond to piss in."
||Bob: "What are you doing, feeding us to your cousins or something?"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #25. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by
Redneck Zombies is probably the worst piece of crap ever put to Tape. I love it!!
See, my friends and I have a yearly contest on the 1st of May, where everyone brings a Video he could barely stand to watch. Then we sit down, drink lots of alkohol (not mandatory, but it helps) and watch all Movies without even a short break. With five to six videos, we are talking about roughly eight hours of pure cineastic crap.
I submitted Redneck Zombies some three weeks before as a warmup, not knowing how bad this flik really was. My friends were shocked. I would have won, instead I showed the TV Pilot of the old Captain America Series from the 70's. Figured i'd rather bore my friends to death. Didn't work.
My Favourite Actor is this Wentz Dude, or whatever his Name was. His absolutely astonishing Overacting sent me into screaming fits!
As a Sidenote, one Reader commented on the wide distribution of this Movie. Then check this out, I'm from Germany! Someone even bothered to localize the Voices of the Actors. Only in one Scene, for no apparent Reasons, they switch to german subtitles, wich adds another Layer of ineptitude to this sorry excuse for a Zombie Flick!
This Site is a virtual treasure chest for me, though I think a few important entries are missing:
(I hope I get the original Titles right. German Distributors have a tendency to rename most Fliks)
Codename A.S.T.R.A. (Assault Strike Rescue Agency): This Movie is as awful as its Title, check it out!
Octaman -you should know this one. The Monster is hilarious!
Lifeguard -boring as hell. Baywatch without boobs, but thankfully without Hasselhoff as well.
'till then, greetz from Germany!
Reply #26. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Lanie
This movie is so outrageous, and has some GREAT gore scenes.
The eyes popping out and the person getting pulled apart are some of the highlights. For the person who likes to be shocked and disturbed (me), this is the perfect film. Does a movie really NEED a plot? Nah...
Reply #27. Posted on October 12, 2002, 02:52:18 PM by Ben Horney
When my friend BILL DECKER who I keep in contact with still after all these years(redneck pic #4 (skull kisser))told me to do a search for redneck zombies and it would bring back quite a few pages related to the movie...I happened across this site.As someone who did some work and was an extra on the film I have to say that I had a great time helping these guys out.It was something I will never forget.Most all the people in it were extras from a local collage.First off....the only thing TROMA had to do with the film was to put their name on it.Oh..yea they bought it out right.A mistake for selling it?Yes..but it was what happened at the time to get it out there.The film was made by people who like myself have a real love for the campy b horror films.We grew up watching um when we were kids.Yea yea the acting bla...bla, the production bla..bla,the content bla...bla,the effects bla...bla.To me...I have seen more bad films over the years then I can count but this one has its merrits.The fact still remains that a bunch of friends got together to do something that related to a child hood love...MAKE A HORROR MOVIE.And as a last note to all who bash...let me see what YOU can do.People are so quick to judge.And I think the drunk guys name is Fred Mertz(not 100 percent sure tho) Ben Horney
Reply #28. Posted on October 21, 2002, 05:45:33 PM by Ryan
Great movie to watch with a group of people. And not bad for amateurs. Rednecks+zombies= very humorous movie.
Reply #29. Posted on December 29, 2002, 12:58:13 PM by john
I watched this yesterday with some of my friends on tape at 4 in the morning. 3 went to sleep during this i was a survior of watching this piece of crap. The acting is so bad and that guy triping on acid was undescrible. I thought Christmas Evil was bad but i guess i was wrong we have a new le crem de la crap!
Reply #30. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Chris
I have been searching high and low for this film, and "Splatter Farm." I own the cenimatic wonder "Feeders." It has come to be one of my most favorite movies. If anyone and i mean ANYONE knows of any way i can obtain either of these films, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks!
Reply #31. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Robert
Okay, after watching "Redneck Zombies" with my friends and under the influence of drugs, we came to the conclusion that the tobacco man segment is the scariest and most intense scene in the whole movie. The only exception could possibly be the chicken video. Wow.
Reply #32. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Paul Snow
This is the absolute worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. This is the only movie I've ever seen that I was incapable of finishing because it was so horrible. I'm not kidding, I felt physically sick just watching this piece of S***. To my credit, I got most of the way through it. I've never seen a movie this bad before, and I've seen just about every MST3K episode ever made.
|Pages: 1 2 3  5 6 |