|Copyright 1987 Full Moon Pictures and Colorcast Productions Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Lisa - Chunky girl who lives. Knocked up by a zombie, but alive...
- Drinking Dude - Heck I dunno, they don't name him anywhere. He is always drinking alcohol though.
- Sally and Theresa - Two girls with the camping group who get chomped early on.
- Wilbur, Andy, and Bob - All get eaten of course, Wilbur is the head camper. Andy is hell bent for hygiene, Bob is the acid-popping med student.
- Pa, Ma, Jethro, Junior, and Elly May Clemson - The Clemson clan, not only do they create the contaminated moonshine - they drink it and become zombies! Elly May is a guy by the way, he has some gender issues.
- Ferd Mertz - Very heavy hick, finds and give the Clemsons the drum full of toxic waste, he becomes a zombie.
- Robinson - Army guy who loses the barrel off his jeep, Ferd Mertz crushes his head. (Choice stuff, see below.)
|Here is one of the great films from my home state of Delaware. I never noticed all the fat women in high school, maybe they plump up later... Though the plot crawls at times this movie has some cool gore going for it, especially Robinson's eyes popping out when his head gets crushed. Ferd Mertz finds the barrel of toxic waste but gives it to the Clemsons to settle a dispute. (He shot up their previous still.) They use it to brew moonshine for the entire town, needless to say: "Moonshine mixed with chemical and nuclear waste is BAD." Everybody starts turning into zombies and munching anyone not one, so enters the plight our campers face. That's pretty much the plot my friends, oh there are plenty of little nuances. Like the men watching screaming chickens on TV and who have a woman wrapped in tape. Let's not forget the weird tobacco man, he wears this burlap sack on his head - I dunno either. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Don't give the masochistic pyromaniac a lit cigarette.
- Highly classified chemical and nuclear waste is transported in the back of a jeep.
- "Slim" is hardly the appropriate term for some guy wearing size 60 pants.
- Barrels previously used for toxic waste are the last thing to make your still out of.
- If someone's torso is missing it's safe to say they're dead.
- Bactine is good for minor cuts, abrasions, and zombie bites.
- When performing an autopsy do not puke in the cadaver.
- Underarm deoderant melts zombies.
- Zombies speak French.
- Shooting anything at a range of eight feet with a shotgun is going to require bathing later.
- 1 min - A fifty-five gallon drum of chemical AND nuclear waste?
- 16 mins - This big redneck has got to stop acting effeminate.
- 25 mins - One scene it's summer, the next it's winter...
- 27 mins - Dude is actually pissing in the pond.
- 29 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST FOREARM HAIR!
- 31 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 33 mins - Okay, we get the idea, they are turning into zombies. Enough weird effects!
- 36 mins - Still turning into zombies.
- 50 mins - What is this, Silence of the Chickens? Why are all these chicks on the screen accompanied by screaming?
- Ending Credits - Now here is a definative study in repeating names. Hmmm, E.W. Benson and W.E. Nesbed...
- Pa Clemson: "You quit your sassing boy, I pulled you out of your mother and I'll shove yah right back in. Now you get in that truck and you skeddadle."
- Guy: "Hahaha! I like knockers!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Wilbur: "Don't be singing those spirituals now Theresa." |
Theresa: "I'll tell you what, I'll just sing about redneck white boys who are a pain in their own ass."
||Pa Clemson: "But if you ever mess around our still again, Ferd Mertz, you're going to be picking buckshot from where the sun don't shine!" |
Ferd Mertz: "You mean Antartica?"
||Wilbur: "Anyway, you're going to love this place. It's a dynamite camping spot, and it's got a pond to piss in."
||Bob: "What are you doing, feeding us to your cousins or something?"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 13, 1999, 03:19:31 AM by email@example.com
This is the best troma movie ever... I never thougth I'd say that after the original Toxic Avenger, but its' that crappy... in a good way. The alcoholic guy is hysterical as is "Ellie May." If your looking for comedy and poorly done gore, this is it. Go, right now, and rent this fine pieceof art.
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by danielle
I think I rented this movie when I was ,like 10, my brothers and sister and i were watching it and i think it is close to the beggining where one of the redneck dudes say, " My dick in your p***y." Once my mom heard that she made us turn it off. And now I have never seen the whole movie. I want to very badly.....I cant die without seing it!!
Reply #11. Posted on December 30, 1999, 08:19:37 PM by TMBGCAT@aol.com
I thought Ash was the greatest movie charecter ever...but this is before I saw Redneck Zombies. The Drinking guy is so kickass it's insane. I laughed hystericly everytime it showed this guy on screen, and I easily laughed harder at the scene in which he flips Lisa off then I have laughed at ANY other movie. All this from a guy who is never even refered to by the rest of the cast. The soldier in the opening scene is also classic. The ONLY thing that holds this movie down is Bob's acid trip. it was so crappy. and why is it that the acid trip had the same special effects as when the people were turning into zombies. Oh, man this movie kicked ass.
Reply #12. Posted on February 22, 2000, 08:58:00 PM by A redneck zombie
Ok this movie is EXTREMELY bad. It is one of those movies that is so bad its good. This movie isn't at all seriously in anyway. The gore is over the top. The humor is ACTUALLY funny. My favorite scene which hasn't been mentioned is when the lunatic barber hitch hiker attacks the redneck in the car and takes a photograph (obviously it is a spoof off a scene found in the texas chainsaw massacre)
Reply #13. Posted on May 30, 2000, 12:48:54 AM by Sleff
Alright..this is one for the pros..don't try to watch this movie unless you have built up tolerance to the worst, as it can unhinge you pretty easily. It's not just bad, it's as bad as you can get. It fails on every conceivable level..it isn't even a good bad movie! If there is a point at which a movie becomes so bad it's good, and another at which it becomes so bad it is unwatchable, and another at which it is inconceivable, take this line of reasoning to it's ultimate, and you arrive at redneck zombies, the ne plus ultra of truly rotten films. I just have to have respect for anyone who acheives the nadir of filmaking on this level..students should watch it as an example of every possible mistake in modern cinema.
Reply #14. Posted on August 04, 2000, 11:46:45 AM by Bob Cock
This movie was pretty bad. Yep, Sure was. The best part of the whole thing was when the Black Army Guy said "b***h" after the Fat First Redneck said "We have a failure to communicate" HAHAHAHAAHA so damn funny.
Reply #15. Posted on August 04, 2000, 03:03:39 AM by Jimmy
This movie is so bad is TERRIBLE! I regret about renting it for a "useful" 49 cents. Talking about watching the entire movie on fast forward! >>>>>>>> I enjoy many B-movies but certainly not this one....YAWN....sleepyyyyy..............
Reply #16. Posted on August 31, 2000, 08:28:58 PM by ithur
Okay, this movie rules. This movie rules so sweetly over all other Troma movies it's unbelievable. Unfortunately, this movie's ruling is so sweet and total that upon lending my copy to a new housemate and his date, the guy kept it for himself and never returned, ashamed that he had to keep all the sweet rulingness for himself.
Well, that, or he moved out immediately.
|Pages: 1  3 4 ... 6 |