|SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS
|Copyright 1964 Jalor Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Santa - Every kid's favorite Alzheimer's victim.
- Kimar - Leader of the Martians, he knows just how hard it is to get good help these days.
- Dropo - Goofy assistant to Kimar who becomes the Martian Santa.
- Billy and Betty - Earth children abducted by the Martians.
- Bomar and Girmar - Martian kids, the latter is Pia Zadora! (She started doing bad movies at a young age.)
- Momar - Kimar's wife, sort of a June Cleaver with green skin.
- Torg - An astoundingly real robot! Santa turns him into a toy.
- Chochem - Ancient and wise Martian.
- Voldar - Evil Martian who hates toys, laughter, and fat guys in red suits.
|Anytime you want to watch the worst darn Christmas movie ever this little gem is waiting for you. When Kimar and the other members of Mars' ruling council can't make their children happy a short meeting with Chochem provides a solution, kidnap Santa Claus from Earth! Kimar leads a small raiding party (Which includes Voldar, why bring the guy most against something?) to Earth, after first grabbing Billy and Betty they arrive at Santa's Workshop. At this point a silly little section occurs with the Earth children briefly escaping and wandering around the North Pole in clothes barely suited for late autumn, Torg recaptures them before reality sets in and they freeze to death. Though defended by fearless elves, one of whom grabs a baseball bat before being frozen, the chubby guy is taken at last. Having survived the trip to Mars, including Voldar trapping him in an airlock and hitting the open button, Santa is put to work making toys. This is another planet though, so the workshop is a button console, when you flip a switch any random number of times the correct number of baseball bats, dolls, etc fall out of hatches. Voldar had been glumly awaiting his trial, but he escapes and sabotages the toy machine. By a silly twist of fate Dropo happens to come dancing in wearing a Santa suit, now the bungling villains think they have Saint Nick hostage. Will Dropo escape? Can Santa bring happiness to Mars? Will Billy and Betty ever see their home again? Actually, yes to all, but it's still grand to watch. Put reality aside, especially anything you learned in science class, and revel in the badness this holiday season.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- There are worse Christmas songs than "Jingle Bells."
- Santa has a reindeer named "Nixon."
- Eating a hamburger in the shape of a pill is unappetizing.
- Saturn is clearly visible from Mars, appearing about the same size as our moon does to us.
- Ponderous B-52 bombers are scrambled to intercept UFOs.
- Santa would never make it as a stand up comic.
- Getting fat takes time.
- Even Martian guys stuff their pants.
- Four kids using ping-pong balls and soap bubbles can take on one grown man who is armed with a disintegration ray.
- 6 mins - Why is the snow on that guy not melting?
- 13 mins - Septober? What sort of a goofy hybrid month?
- 20 mins - Paper towel tubes used as part of a radar array. (These guys were so broke.)
- 30 mins - You two kids are going to freeze to death; I am actually happy about this.
- 34 mins - Oh no! It's some guy dressed in a polar bear suit!
- 50 mins - They are going to escape the airlock via a duct?
- 57 mins - Some big guy who laughs insanely would not put me at ease, I'd run...
- 66 mins - These morons cannot tell the difference between Santa and Dropo in a red suit?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Voldar: "All this trouble over a fat little man in a red suit."
||Betty: "What are those funny things sticking out of your head?" |
Martian: "Those are our antenna."
Betty: "Are you a television set?"
||Newscaster: "And Mrs. Santa Claus has positively identified the kidnappers as Martians."
||Martian: "Where are you going?" |
Dropo: "Ho, ho, ho!"
Martian: "Can't you say anything else, but 'ho, ho, ho?'"
Dropo: "Ho, ho, ho."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |