|STORY OF RICKY
|Copyright 1991 Golden Harvest
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Ricky - Young man sentenced to prison for killing a opium dealer. (Who was responsible for Ying's death.)
- The Warden - Evil controller of the prison, he carries a pistol which makes people explode and seems to be a demon too. Turned into ground beef (literally) by Ricky.
- The Assistant Warden - Fat and mean henchman with a glass eye and hook hand. Explodes after being shot by the Warden.
- Huang Chan - Very deadly at martial arts and a gang boss, he is awfully feminine though. Ricky rips off or breaks all his limbs.
- Taizan - Huge gang boss who can crush a man's skull. (see below!) Mashed under a hydraulic press after Ricky cripples him.
- Shorty - Little gang boss who uses large spikes attached to elastic bands. Shot in the ass and explodes.
- Hai - Tatoo wearing gang boss. Ricky punches his skull in.
- Wild Cat, Fink, and Elephant - Bullies of the cell block. Ricky punches through Elephant and Wild Cat, he only knocks the top off of Fink's head.
|THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL GORY FU FLICKS!
Plainly amazing, we are talking heads punched in half, guys using their intestines (hanging out of their body cavity) to strangle Ricky, people exploding, and internal organs flying all over the place.
Ricky arrives in prison after killing a opium dealer, the guy had kidnapped his girlfriend and she ran off the side of a building to get away. (I never said she was intelligent.) The prison is run by a evil Warden (Away on vacation when the film begins.), his assistant, and "The Gang of Four." This gang is a group of powerful fighters who rule the inmates through fear. Now Ricky does not take kindly to their ways, fighting and killing Hai in a brutal exchange where Ricky must tie his severed tendons back together. After that the other three show up and gratuitously slaughter a few prisoners until Ricky backs down. Here is the legendary "Head Crush" scene, by the way.
Pretty soon the young warrior learns they are growing poppy in the prison. He sets fire to the crop and things really take off. The Warden returns and is quite angry about the uprising. Ricky kills the remainder of "The Gang of Four" and faces off against him, finally tossing the monster into a meat grinding machine!
I cannot say enough about the crazy number of body parts being mashed, at one point Ricky punches through the bottom of Taizan's jaw and out his mouth! On a "that is way nasty" note, the Assistant Warden keeps mints in his glass eye; it is hollow.
If you are of the hardy sort who loves crazy and bloody kung fu, this is your paradise.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Wood lathes should be used in Rhinoplasty.
- Dead prisoners are kept handcuffed.
- The inside of your hand is made out of styrofoam.
- Kneecaps are ticklish.
- Destroying gravestones is okay if it's for Kung Fu training.
- People keep their fake eye in a glass of ice water.
- Glass eyes are full of mints.
- You can tie your tendons together.
- Leaves sound just like a flute if you know how to play them.
- You can stop someone's heart with a certain martial arts punch.
- Prisons have rooms boobytrapped to fill with cement.
- Cement really will turn you into stone!
- Kung Fu masters can split a bamboo pole with their tongue. (So why are they always single?)
- Asian women exhibit "Lemming Syndrome."
- Straight razor blades are not food.
- Never put your foot through a hot water heater.
- 6 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A OLD MAN!
- 7 mins - OUCH! (Wood lathe to the face.)
- 8 mins - OUCH! (Block of nails through the hand into the face.)
- 16 mins - OUCH! (Punched through the stomach.)
- 17 mins - Where did the hole in Ricky's hand go?
- 31 mins - Man, I would not want to get chopped with that thing.
- 32 mins - Slow motion, this is going to suck for you buddy. OUCH! (Chopper thing to the head.)
- 42 mins - Yeah, his fingers matched the notes he was playing...
- 45 mins - OUCH! (Knife skinning his face.)
- 46 mins - Does anybody stay in their cell around here?
- 47 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A GOLDFISH!
- 48 mins - Hehehehe! What was that goofy stuff?
- 58 mins - OUCH! (Cane through the eye.)
- 62 mins - OUCH! (Punch through the jaw and hand.)
- 69 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A DOG!
- 74 mins - Do not warn your hero that a backhoe is sneaking up on him.
- 75 mins - OUCH! (Very large wrench to the head.)
- 80 mins - OUCH! (Head punched in half.)
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|The legendary "Head Crush" scene. This is just a part of the insane goodness, there are plenty of injuries which would make trauma room nurses faint.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
|Story of Ricky
Reply #25. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Hero
Thank God for "Story of Ricky"!!! I just saw a midnight show with my friends in Kansas and it was the most absurd, hilarious, disgusting, f**ked-up movie I ever saw! Great crowd in the theatre too... Plus they showed a "Speed Racer" cartoon beforehand, but this was quickly forgotten once Ricky graced the screen. I tried describing it to my husband, but there are no words for the beauty of "Story of Ricky".
|Story of Ricky
Reply #26. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Tozmo
One of the most inexpicable events in this movie (and that's saying something) is watching the crowd point and talk to the buried Ricky
|Story of Ricky
Reply #27. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by R.P.Gemmell
One of the many movies you must see before you die. An amazing fusion of brutal martial artistry, mutations, sci-fi and horror. Based on the 1988 manga book series called 'Riki Oh' (King Of Strength) by Masahiko Takajo (story) and Tetsuya Saruwatari (art). Set in the year 2001, it tells the story of Ricky Ho a guy who is sent to prison for taking revenge on the person whom he thinks is responsible for driving his girlfriend to suicide. There are 4 wings within the prison each has it's own leader (the gang of four). Ricky is so tough that he even refuses to have 5 bullets removed from his body!!! He becomes a hero for his fellow prisoners and a target for the gang of four, Cyclops and the warden. That's all i'll say as I don't want to spoil things. To give you a taste of this motion picture it includes prison torture, tons of gore and guess what there is more!!! I recently bought this on the Hong Kong Legends DVD version in Glasgow and I thought this was a solid gold cult classic alongside such other classics such as Battle Royale (2001), Dawn Of The Dead (1978), Ichi The Killer (2000), Five Deadly Venoms (1978), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Kill Bill (2002) etc etc. Oh did I forget to mention? There is also a reprisal of the infamous X-ray punch scene from Sonny 'Shinichi' Chiba's first hit 'The Streetfighter' (Gekitotsu! Satsujin Ken) (1974). I definitely recommend this to anyone who has a reliable stomach and for anyone who wants to see one of the many unique movies ever made and to people who are fans of the genre or not.
MY RATING: 10/10
WARNING: If you are unconfortable of the idea of the film you should keep away as it is not for the faint of heart or the easily upset!!!
|Story of Ricky
Reply #28. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Timte01
I can only say one thing about this movie-
When the guy pulls out a knife, but decides to cut his chest open and choke Ricky with his intestines, I said "THAT'S THE WORST PLAN EVER!!!!!"
My friends swear that my voice went up slightly when I said it, but I deny it.
|Story of Ricky
Reply #29. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Zach
A very entertaining movie that trully captures the spirit of the Manga it was based on. This is how over-the-top kung-fu gore should be done. For the very antithesis of this refer to the made for HBO live version of Fist of the North Star. I only wished Ricky killed that fat bastard son of the warden. If somebody deserved to die it was that ugly beast. My only question is when Ricky punches Taizan's jaw off how is he still able to speak? That was not believable! (Pause whilst I remove my tongue firmly ensconched in my cheek) To any kung-fu movie enthusiasts out there this is a MUST SEE!
|Story of Ricky
Reply #30. Posted on August 17, 2006, 10:06:37 PM by hawaii fan
This is the most awesomely bad movie ever! A must see!
|Re: Story of Ricky
Reply #31. Posted on December 11, 2007, 08:06:46 AM by Tanya
I love this movie!
Thanks for this site, it's the best movie site that i've ever see
WE LOVE BAD SH*T MOVIES! HAHA
from Portugal, and a suggestion... see this movie : "Alentejo sem lei" it's a very BAD movie and funny.
|Re: Story of Ricky
Reply #32. Posted on February 07, 2008, 04:18:23 AM by Ryan J. Kenner
Wow what a classic this film is. The Story Of Ricky is miles ahead better than Fist Of The North Star and Crying Freeman. (The live action versions) Where to start? How about the fact that a guy tries to strangle Ricky with his own intestines? Or for that matter how Ricky uses a meatgrinder to kill the main bad guy or the fact that people are crucified, decapitated by head crushes (What most likely inspired Jax's Mortal Kombat II's fatality) and of course a warden who keeps mints in his glass eye. In terms of kung fu it is all well done and this movie is one of the best things out of Hong Kong. Also this movie is probably the closest we'll ever get to a Chuck Norris Fact movie.
Also how many eyeballs were knocked out of sockets?
I got this on DVD only paying a 11 bucks, but even though rate at amazon is 20 bucks it's well worth it. I mean movies don't get this surreal. Simply put, a true classic.
|Pages: 1 2 3  5 |