|Copyright 1987 Lightning Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Fred - Our hero, the unwashed bum.
- Kevin - Fred's younger brother, he's learning the ancient family secret of hobo.
- Wendy - Weird girl who works at the junkyard, she wants to make it a better place to live.
- Burt - Seasoned bum, pretty amusing for a guy with raw chicken in his drawers.
- Bill - Cop. Very large, very mean, and very dead after Bronson finishes with him.
- Wizzie - Evil little bastard who works for Bronson, dissolves.
- Mr. Schnizer - He owns the junkyard, he's also shaped like a bell. Ends up with VD.
- Mr. Duran and the Doorboy - Nightclub owner and mobster, you'll also recognize his hateful assistant as Jeffrey from Frankenhooker. Mr. Mob turns into Mr. Blob after a sip of Viper.
- Ed - Liquor store owner who finds the case of toxic booze, finally tries some and regrets it.
- Paulie and the fat garage worker - Both drink Viper, the latter blows up reeaaaalll good.
- Sarah - Bronson's choice female companion, ugh. Tastes the whiskey, turns into slut stew.
- Bronson - Wigged out Vietnam vet who rules over the salvage yard with an iron fist, he also carries a knife made from a human femur. Decapitated by a flying canister of CO2.
|Sometimes amusing things come in deceptive packages, like this little gem. Who would honestly think a movie about bums drinking contaminated booze and then melting or exploding would be fun? (Besides all you New Jersey people.) Quite a bit of the film actually runs like "As the World Turns Homeless" though, mainly following the adventures of Freddy. He's the good bum, along with Kevin and Burt they are just looking to get by. Bronson is the violent (expletive deleted) causing amazing amounts of hate and discontent. Case in point, one of the bums starts urinating somewhere he probably shouldn't, but it's a junkyard for goodness sake, who cares? Bronson grabs the poor guy's jimmy and lops it off with his knife, then all the freaks start playing hot potato with it. I'll get back to our main attraction, dissolving people! Seems that Ed finds a case of cheap whiskey called Viper in the liquor store basement so he puts it on sale. Drinking cheap booze is never easy on your system, but it usually doesn't turn one's body into goo. Bill, big angry copy that he is, can't figure it out either. Hmmm, let's see - melted body and bottle of Viper, another puddle of slime that was a person with an empty bottle nearby - hmmmmm... ...anyway, maybe Bill just didn't have time to put it all together before Bronson kills him. Of course he was already tired from killing the hitman Mr. Duran sent to ice Fred, why is another story. (I told you it was a homeless soap opera.) There is a bit of gratuitous nudity, unfortunately it either involves Wendy (Who I didn't find very attractive.) or the drunk girl who just finished throwing up. (Oh mama wouldn't I like to get some of that...) The movie doesn't really end, it just sort of stops all the sudden. I'm guessing they were running out of characters to melt.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Windshield washers travel in packs.
- Sixty year old rotgut is lethal.
- Fire escapes are condominiums for homeless people.
- Watching two grimy people making out is rather nasty.
- Coroners like to make sculptures out of desiccated bodies.
- Nobody wants to kiss the girl who has been vomiting, having sex with her is another matter though.
- It's very wrong to play "Eunuch in the Middle" with a man's severed penis.
- Cops throw up on people they don't like.
- Sometimes fat guys explode.
- 2 mins - That car didn't have a driver, oh here he is, in the next shot...
- 3 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 6 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A NERD!
- 21 mins - What the heck was all that about?
- 27 mins - Whoa! The "C" word and it's not "cat."
- 32 mins - I think you need to go look up the word discrimination Burt, but you're darn convincing for a man with poultry filling his loins.
- 46 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 56 mins - There's a lot of love in this room...
- 58 mins - Now that's a suit.
- 79 mins - Is Wendy taking off her...
- 79 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Fred: "I dunno how I managed to look comfortable. F***ing Wizzie planted his foot halfway up my ass." |
Burt: "Aw, he was just planting corn. You get it? Corn!"
||Store Clerk: "I'd like to know what you're doing with all that chicken in your pants..."
||Doorboy: "I should have known better than to get involved with Italians. Everybody's a hot headed gangster. Everybody's Mr. Mafia."
||Wendy: (Giggling.) "I remember one, we went to Cony Island and I had a runny nose and someone hit me so hard in the bumper cars that I swallowed all my snot. Bang!" (Snort, giggles.)
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on September 24, 1999, 09:55:36 PM by
I absolutely hate this film. The writer, Roy Frumkes (he's also businessman who explodes) and the guy who plays Ed both taught at my college. The guy who plays Ed (his real name is Gary Cooper, no kidding) is one of the most vile people I have ever met.
Reply #2. Posted on September 25, 1999, 04:36:31 PM by E1V15X78@aol.com
Street Trash is one of the greatest exploitation films of all time, one of the last great films of the 80's before the horror genre degenerated completely into endless Friday the 13th sequels and suchlike. No-One has mentioned the song over the final credits though! Oh jesus! In one of the most surreal moments in sleaze cinema history the mafia don guy sings over the final credits as he melts away, and the lyrics to the song are just hilarious! this film mixes gore, slapstick and horror in a way that predates Peter Jackson in every way! The director went on to do the cinematography for the Doors movie (note the continuous use of steadicam in that movie AND this as a link between the two). The Australian video release is the most complete with a close up shot during the catsration scene which isnt present in either the (deleted) US release or the (recently rereleased in a butchered form) UK release. Street Trash. Yes!
Reply #3. Posted on October 02, 1999, 08:55:54 PM by email@example.com
This movie rocks. My friend who hated it said "Man,it's like the guy who wrote this didn't know what he wanted. What it's like being a bum,being a crazed Vietnam vet,a cop who pukes on people,or a drink that melts you into goo. So he put all four in it at once." He then goes on to say how that sucks,but you know how much it doesn't. Dong keepaway scene is priceless,and even the cut Blockbuster version at least shows the game. If you're a big WWF fan,you might recognize the fat bald junkyard owner as Bastion Booger, who wore some sort of dirty gauze strap outfit I think the chick from 5th Element wore...but only cleaner,and less fat and bald. Good to see that even obscure pro wrestlers can find work in movies like Street Trash. No need to worry,Macho Man! Oooooh yeah-yah!
Reply #4. Posted on December 02, 1999, 10:47:08 PM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Uh, pretty boring film, don't ya think ? I mean, between the melting scenes and the cut-penis chase, there's really nothing to enjoy, is it ? Bad acting, boring situations, boring direction, Street Trash it is !
Reply #5. Posted on May 30, 2000, 08:06:42 PM by Warren H.
This movie actually contains one of the most horrifying and tasteless things I've ever seen: the gang rape of the drunk woman by all the bums in the junkyard. That completely turned me off to any fine points this movie might have had. Delete that segment, have Fred and his brother strike it rich, and then move the "big fight" between Bronson and the cop to the end, then have the cop win,shove Bronson into a car crusher, and turn it on. Bronson's squishing, spewing corpse would be the perfect climax to this film. Those modifications would have made this into a great little movie.
Reply #6. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Drexl (UK)
As entertainment, Street Trash succeeds only mildly. In between the obvious and exagerreated characters melting, and of course, THAT penis decapitation scene, the acting, direction and pretty much everything without gore nearby it is downright boring. I am well aware that most people in the UK haven't seen it, as I suspect a lot of people everywhere else on the planet haven't either. The UK version (amazingly) is not that badly cut. Neither is the US one. But, i have a suggestion: Why don't we do our own cut and slice all the bad bits out? What, essentially, we would end up with is about 15 minutes of gore, humour and penis throwing all in one go.
Street Trash is the porno equivalent of the splatter genre; we don't want a story... we don't care about the direction, acting or the dialogue, hell, we don't even care about the characters. We only want to see the characters f**king. Or, in Street Trash's case, we only want to see the characters f**king die.
Reply #7. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by chadzilla
Stuff a movie full of the most offensive ideas you can think of and what do you get? STREET TRASH. I saw this at a downtown dive of a theater (the prostitutes used the balconey for their business transactions, yech) and was pretty impressed overall. A real New York movie, and not one for the faint hearted. I laugh and squirm each time I see it. Anybody out there know if the end title song is available on tape or CD?
It should also be noted that Mr. Mob-turned-Blob plays a restaurant owner/manager in the mobster classic Goodfellas.
Reply #8. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by dox
Without a doubt, Street Trash had the best dialogue I'd ever heard. Yes, I like the eFfects, the characters, locations, etc. But where Frumke really triumphed was in the dialogue. Bronson's ramblings are the funniest but I thought all the lines were pretty entertaining. Frumke also did the opening scene for Doctor Butcher, MD.
|Pages:  2 3 ... 5 ||
|Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with Fair Use, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.|