|Copyright 1987 Lightning Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Fred - Our hero, the unwashed bum.
- Kevin - Fred's younger brother, he's learning the ancient family secret of hobo.
- Wendy - Weird girl who works at the junkyard, she wants to make it a better place to live.
- Burt - Seasoned bum, pretty amusing for a guy with raw chicken in his drawers.
- Bill - Cop. Very large, very mean, and very dead after Bronson finishes with him.
- Wizzie - Evil little bastard who works for Bronson, dissolves.
- Mr. Schnizer - He owns the junkyard, he's also shaped like a bell. Ends up with VD.
- Mr. Duran and the Doorboy - Nightclub owner and mobster, you'll also recognize his hateful assistant as Jeffrey from Frankenhooker. Mr. Mob turns into Mr. Blob after a sip of Viper.
- Ed - Liquor store owner who finds the case of toxic booze, finally tries some and regrets it.
- Paulie and the fat garage worker - Both drink Viper, the latter blows up reeaaaalll good.
- Sarah - Bronson's choice female companion, ugh. Tastes the whiskey, turns into slut stew.
- Bronson - Wigged out Vietnam vet who rules over the salvage yard with an iron fist, he also carries a knife made from a human femur. Decapitated by a flying canister of CO2.
|Sometimes amusing things come in deceptive packages, like this little gem. Who would honestly think a movie about bums drinking contaminated booze and then melting or exploding would be fun? (Besides all you New Jersey people.) Quite a bit of the film actually runs like "As the World Turns Homeless" though, mainly following the adventures of Freddy. He's the good bum, along with Kevin and Burt they are just looking to get by. Bronson is the violent (expletive deleted) causing amazing amounts of hate and discontent. Case in point, one of the bums starts urinating somewhere he probably shouldn't, but it's a junkyard for goodness sake, who cares? Bronson grabs the poor guy's jimmy and lops it off with his knife, then all the freaks start playing hot potato with it. I'll get back to our main attraction, dissolving people! Seems that Ed finds a case of cheap whiskey called Viper in the liquor store basement so he puts it on sale. Drinking cheap booze is never easy on your system, but it usually doesn't turn one's body into goo. Bill, big angry copy that he is, can't figure it out either. Hmmm, let's see - melted body and bottle of Viper, another puddle of slime that was a person with an empty bottle nearby - hmmmmm... ...anyway, maybe Bill just didn't have time to put it all together before Bronson kills him. Of course he was already tired from killing the hitman Mr. Duran sent to ice Fred, why is another story. (I told you it was a homeless soap opera.) There is a bit of gratuitous nudity, unfortunately it either involves Wendy (Who I didn't find very attractive.) or the drunk girl who just finished throwing up. (Oh mama wouldn't I like to get some of that...) The movie doesn't really end, it just sort of stops all the sudden. I'm guessing they were running out of characters to melt.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Windshield washers travel in packs.
- Sixty year old rotgut is lethal.
- Fire escapes are condominiums for homeless people.
- Watching two grimy people making out is rather nasty.
- Coroners like to make sculptures out of desiccated bodies.
- Nobody wants to kiss the girl who has been vomiting, having sex with her is another matter though.
- It's very wrong to play "Eunuch in the Middle" with a man's severed penis.
- Cops throw up on people they don't like.
- Sometimes fat guys explode.
- 2 mins - That car didn't have a driver, oh here he is, in the next shot...
- 3 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 6 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A NERD!
- 21 mins - What the heck was all that about?
- 27 mins - Whoa! The "C" word and it's not "cat."
- 32 mins - I think you need to go look up the word discrimination Burt, but you're darn convincing for a man with poultry filling his loins.
- 46 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 56 mins - There's a lot of love in this room...
- 58 mins - Now that's a suit.
- 79 mins - Is Wendy taking off her...
- 79 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Fred: "I dunno how I managed to look comfortable. F***ing Wizzie planted his foot halfway up my ass." |
Burt: "Aw, he was just planting corn. You get it? Corn!"
||Store Clerk: "I'd like to know what you're doing with all that chicken in your pants..."
||Doorboy: "I should have known better than to get involved with Italians. Everybody's a hot headed gangster. Everybody's Mr. Mafia."
||Wendy: (Giggling.) "I remember one, we went to Cony Island and I had a runny nose and someone hit me so hard in the bumper cars that I swallowed all my snot. Bang!" (Snort, giggles.)
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Dominic Francoeur
Congratulation for your good taste.
I saw this movies many years ago, and I wil remember it for the rest of my life. This is something you can't forget, just like the crash of Challenger, or the election of W. Bush.
I'll let you notice that the french title for this movie is "Corps a vidange", that means something like: trash or garbage body.
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Mugwump
This film is pretty lame overall. It's hard to tell which character in the weak script you should feel for, THEY'RE ALL SUCH a***oleS! Especially to eachother. Thye are all rotten, filthy, conniving pricks. Anyways it seems the only good qualities are the gore, and even that isn't done worth a s**t, (like using paint for melting flesh-ever heard of latex?). I once knew a guy who traded the cult classic CARNIVAL OF SOULS with me for Street Trash. Man did he get ripped off! If all you B-Carnisours wanna check out some gore films that are done well check out MANIAC-a sicko phsycho classic with FX done by the man TOM SAVINI, and any other film done by him rule: DAWN OF THE DEAD, DAY OF THE DEAD, DEATH DREAM.
other well done gore films: Friday the 13th 1 & 2, BURNING MOON (German), THE Street Fighter (Japan-a personnal fave).
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Jim
Ed the liquor store owner is my Father-in-law.
Reply #12. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Osama bin Lobster
Whew, what a stinker. Morally repugnant without the guts (or the imagination) to really try to be revolting. When I say that you can see every penny of the budget right up there on the screen, it's definitely NOT a compliment. The cop beating up the guy then puking on him was the only good thing about this movie. "The first 'melt' movie" eh? Yes, and the last, talk about your one-trick pony. I'll go with the 15-minute edit idea, that's the only way this could hold my attention and even then I wouldn't cross the street to watch it again. Give me 'Nekromantik' any day.
Reply #13. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Tou Mou
My friends and I have always sought out and loved really crappy/out there/ unusual movies, and Street Trash certainly didn't disapoint. We rented it out in about 1989 and just could not believe what we were watching. One friend of mine actually bought a copy from HMV not long after for only £4.99. I wish I had. It's been too long since I saw this pile of crap. But what a piece of crap!
Video shops just haven't been the same since the late eighties/early nineties - how many gems can you unearth at Blockbuster or anywhere else these days?
Small video shops with extensive back catalogues are very rare now - in Manchester, England at least.
Find this crap and love it - peace
Reply #14. Posted on October 01, 2001, 02:25:12 AM by Marcus
This movie in another over the top flick with little plot and gore galore! Hilarious moments make up this film from the toliet scene to the penis keep away game to the fat dude exploding, and so on. How can people bad mouth this film is beyond me...
Reply #15. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Jol
Typical .. the negaitive comments are so american it is repulsive.
Street trash has 1. Great costumes 2. Great locations 3. Apart from the Viper all of it could be true. 4. Great scripts.
However the thing that makes all these people who didn't like it say that is because the recording quailty is terrible ! - it could have been done with a VHS ! it is one of my favorite movies of all times an di had to travel 300 kilometers to find an ex rental copy. Best buy of my life.
I have watched this movie 100 + time and every time i find somthing new and the old jokes just get funnier ! - Bronsons ramblings ect.
Who remembers this.
What ? you think i got it easy !
I see how you could think that but i'll tell ya and then you'll know and you know what ? Your on your own pal !!
Reply #16. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by sav
I saw this along time ago and no1 I know has ever heard of it. Its so hard tryin to tell them how funny it is,I give the film no justice. I remember the wanger bit,but the part which gets me is when that cop is gettin hassled and tells a women in responce. "How do I know you aint got a dick" GENIUS!!! oh yeah as for the puke.......
|Pages: 1  3 4 5 ||
|Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2013 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with Fair Use, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.|