|TAMMY AND THE T-REX
|Copyright 1993 Greenline Productions Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tammy - Denise Richards! Passionate and endearing high school girl.
- Michael - Tammy's boyfriend, his brain ends up inside a huge robotic dinosaur after being mauled by a lion. (Long story, you have no idea.)
- Byron - Flamboyant gay guy who is Tammy's friend.
- Uncle Bob - Michael's drunk guardian.
- Sheriff Black - Byron's father, your standard "I-don't-understand-my-damn-gay-kid-shoot-first" kinda guy.
- Norville and Neville - Deputies, pretty amusing to watch country boys deal with a Tyrannosaurus.
- Billy - Tammy's violent ex, used by Michael as a chew toy.
- Billy's Gang - Quite the bunch of delinquents, missing most of their limbs after Michael gets done.
- Helga - Wachenstein's assistant.
- Dr. Wachenstein - Mad scientist who transplants Michael's brain into the dinosaur's body, I don't think mommy and daddy bought him many toys. Goes the way of most mad scientists, killed by his creation.
|There are few things enjoyable like finding someone's early acting career achievements, here is a prime example. Denise Richards is Tammy, your standard twenty-something high school cheerleader, whose boyfriend is about to go Mesozoic on her. (Oh go look it up, you'd know exactly what Jurassic means wouldn't you, bunch of Spielberg heathens...) After suffering grievous wounds from a lion attack the young lad becomes part of Dr. Wachenstein's latest experiment, implanting a real brain into twelve feet of robotic dinosaur. Don't worry about the Tyrannosaurus seeming to change size throughout the film, it's all a matter of perspective. (Yeah, which prop you are looking at.) Michael is not exceptionally pleased with his lot, first thing he does is settle the score with Billy and pals. Next he's off to see Tammy, a quick game of charades is proof enough that her boyfriend is now a rather large animatronic dinosaur. Neither are optimistic about makeout sessions with the present arrangement, so they hatch a plan to retrieve his body. A body now horribly rotten and crawling with rats, this leads to a rather amusing scene with Tammy, Byron, and Michael all trying to pick out his new body - at the local morgue. Law enforcement shows up and pretty soon the T-Rex is a rather large bullet trap, with the heartbroken girl crying over it. So they shot up the robot, who cares? Michael's brain still lives, quite comfortably in Tammy's room where he graces a salad bowl and watches her via closed circuit TV. There are far worse fates I assure you. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- High school cheerleaders are all in their mid-twenties.
- Professional wrestling moves really work, elbow drop baby!
- Never get in a testicle squeezing contest with some guy wearing a cup.
- Pounding on someone's chest and yelling "Live!" is not CPR.
- Jigsaws are great for splitting skulls.
- Karate doesn't work on dinosaurs.
- Never urinate on a T-Rex.
- Dead bodies are always infested with rats, even inside metal coffins.
- Bras make decent flags of truce.
- 18 mins - Parents: "Oh gee, Tammy's boyfriend's truck is parked next door, what on Earth could be doing over there?"
- 20 mins - Her father called on the telephone to ask what the ruckus was in her room?
- 22 mins - Dude, you need a gun. Billy beats the door in and POW - one less punk.
- 44 mins - Why is he not in jail?
- 54 mins - Hehehe! She's rolling up the squished guy!
- 56 mins - How did he reach her from the window?
- 69 mins - Something wrong Tammy? (You'll have to watch the scene.)
- 76 mins - Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Denise Richards riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex...
- 86 mins - Now she's stripping for a brain in a salad bowl?
- Tammy: "Michael, Michael! I'm so sorry, honey. I'm so sorry. We're going to find you another body, I promise. Okay?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Wachenstein: "Live, live, live, LIVE!"
||Uncle Bob: "Everybody knows I'm just a drunk."
||Tammy: "Byron, I don't want a girl." |
Byron: "Well neither do I."
||Wachenstein: "That is my dinosaur that you are threatening, I made him and he is mine!" |
Tammy: "He's the one who caused all this, he put my boyfriend's brain in that thing!"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Denise Richards stripping for a brain in a salad bowl ladies and gentlemen. I would bow, but the effect is lost over a digital medium.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |