|Copyright 1985 New World Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- David Rutherford - Michael Moriarty! Industrial spy that isn't as dumb as he looks, sounds, or acts.
- Nicole Kendall - Ad campaign executive who cares more about people than the money (first departure from reality).
- Jason - Darn kid, you know, the one that can't get killed.
- Chocolate Chip Charlie - The Chocolate Chip Cookie King, loses his company in a hostile takeover. Martial arts master too!
- Colonel Spears - Leader of a militant group, mankind's last hope to stop "The Stuff" from taking over.
- The Stuff - If the Nazis had made yogurt...
|Man eating dessert whip and militant groups! A new taste sensation is sweeping the nation, it's "The Stuff!" I liked the beginning of this movie, some old guy finds nasty white stuff bubbling out of the ground - SO HE TASTES IT! Mmmmm, that's good, we should sell this to people. Then you have the "greedy old men" of the ice cream industry hiring an investigator, who appears to be a complete moron, to learn the inside scoop about the new treat. "The Stuff" makes you hungry for more and soon takes over your body, leaving only a empty shell filled with ambulatory cream. To top all this off (not with a cherry you rube) it is a militant group which ultimately saves humanity by defeating the "whipped" zombies! Extremely fun film for your bad movie sweet tooth.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Kids who are unruly should be sent to bed with a pint of dessert.
- Reddish-brown cowboy boots do not go with gray suits.
- Dogs love whipped cream but it pisses them off.
- There are a darn lot of cars from PA in New York City and NJ.
- Non-dairy creamers are bad, real bad. (glazed expression) Support your local dairy farmer... ...he is your friend... ...cows good...
- It is possible to slap someone unconscious.
- Militant groups travel by taxi.
- 2 mins - Okay, so the old guy finds this stuff bubbling out of the ground, in the middle of a mining facility, and starts eating it? How did he get that old being so stupid? Damn you Darwin, it's all been a lie!
- 17 mins - The stuff is kept frozen, refrigerated, and at room temp.
- 48 mins - Jason is hiding atop the bare metal tanker in his red shirt.
- 54 mins - David had to hotwire the truck but now he's starting it with a key?
- 59 mins - Jason really isn't inside that tank is he? I know this was made years ago but those effects suck!
- 74 mins - A huge army of machinegun-carrying extremists invades town and no cops or National Guard?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Jason's Mom: "Low in calories, good tasting, and it doesn't even spot...and he doesn't like it."
||David: "Everybody has to eat shaving cream once in a while."
||David: "That stuff comes right out of the center of the Earth, and straight into our supermarkets."
||Colonel Spears: "Pay the drivers, issue a ten percent tip, get a cash receipt." |
Militants: "Yes sir!"
Colonel Spears: "Proceed to the main lobby, we will reassemble, HUP!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on March 29, 1999, 03:05:04 PM by Warren H.
See the most embarassing moment in Micheal Moriarty's career. Poor guy, having to put up with people seeing him and saying "Hey! It's the guy from The Stuff!" Poor guy.
Reply #2. Posted on June 07, 1999, 12:27:39 PM by DRexl@msn.com
Guite a good idea, bad, bad movie. Frightening premise - bad, BAD effects. If The Stuff had been made today by someone like Cronenberg, Peter Jakson, or even George Romero, we may have had something col. But no, Larry Cohen knows best, especially when it comes to ice cream. Still, after consuming The Stuff, I have room left for a sequel if anyone's offering.
Reply #3. Posted on July 08, 1999, 01:45:39 AM by Hiker Yote
Actually, Warren, the SECOND most embarrasing point in Moriarty's carreer. The most embarassing was about two weeks ago when he stumbled around drunk and shouting LIVE on the Mike Bullard show.But that happened in Canada so it doesn't count.
The movie? No lie, this is one of my favorite pieces of shlockof all time. And bad effects notwithstanding, it scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. I still shudder when I see that marshmallow spread stuff. :)
Reply #4. Posted on August 14, 1999, 11:55:05 PM by
this movie was one of the best ive ever seen, i give it an A+
Reply #5. Posted on March 06, 2000, 05:24:42 PM by Skapone27@aol.com
This movie is the underdog for all b list movies.
Chocolate charley is the mack daddy of them all. I cried a river when the stuff took over his body. I vow to someday make a sequel to the stuff, writing CCC(chocolate chip charley) back into the script.
Reply #6. Posted on May 28, 2004, 11:26:47 AM by chantal
Reply #7. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by tommo
I thought that this was so boring. I'm sorry, but there was nothing interesting in it.
Reply #8. Posted on June 13, 2003, 02:43:36 PM by Nico-san
This movie was so bad, it was good.
|Pages:  2 3 ... 5 |