|Copyright 1985 New World Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- David Rutherford - Michael Moriarty! Industrial spy that isn't as dumb as he looks, sounds, or acts.
- Nicole Kendall - Ad campaign executive who cares more about people than the money (first departure from reality).
- Jason - Darn kid, you know, the one that can't get killed.
- Chocolate Chip Charlie - The Chocolate Chip Cookie King, loses his company in a hostile takeover. Martial arts master too!
- Colonel Spears - Leader of a militant group, mankind's last hope to stop "The Stuff" from taking over.
- The Stuff - If the Nazis had made yogurt...
|Man eating dessert whip and militant groups! A new taste sensation is sweeping the nation, it's "The Stuff!" I liked the beginning of this movie, some old guy finds nasty white stuff bubbling out of the ground - SO HE TASTES IT! Mmmmm, that's good, we should sell this to people. Then you have the "greedy old men" of the ice cream industry hiring an investigator, who appears to be a complete moron, to learn the inside scoop about the new treat. "The Stuff" makes you hungry for more and soon takes over your body, leaving only a empty shell filled with ambulatory cream. To top all this off (not with a cherry you rube) it is a militant group which ultimately saves humanity by defeating the "whipped" zombies! Extremely fun film for your bad movie sweet tooth.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Kids who are unruly should be sent to bed with a pint of dessert.
- Reddish-brown cowboy boots do not go with gray suits.
- Dogs love whipped cream but it pisses them off.
- There are a darn lot of cars from PA in New York City and NJ.
- Non-dairy creamers are bad, real bad. (glazed expression) Support your local dairy farmer... ...he is your friend... ...cows good...
- It is possible to slap someone unconscious.
- Militant groups travel by taxi.
- 2 mins - Okay, so the old guy finds this stuff bubbling out of the ground, in the middle of a mining facility, and starts eating it? How did he get that old being so stupid? Damn you Darwin, it's all been a lie!
- 17 mins - The stuff is kept frozen, refrigerated, and at room temp.
- 48 mins - Jason is hiding atop the bare metal tanker in his red shirt.
- 54 mins - David had to hotwire the truck but now he's starting it with a key?
- 59 mins - Jason really isn't inside that tank is he? I know this was made years ago but those effects suck!
- 74 mins - A huge army of machinegun-carrying extremists invades town and no cops or National Guard?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Jason's Mom: "Low in calories, good tasting, and it doesn't even spot...and he doesn't like it."
||David: "Everybody has to eat shaving cream once in a while."
||David: "That stuff comes right out of the center of the Earth, and straight into our supermarkets."
||Colonel Spears: "Pay the drivers, issue a ten percent tip, get a cash receipt." |
Militants: "Yes sir!"
Colonel Spears: "Proceed to the main lobby, we will reassemble, HUP!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Chris
I loved this movie. To this day I still will not eat yogurt. Blehh
GREAT B MOVIE!
Reply #18. Posted on June 26, 2004, 06:37:34 PM by dracoboy
ladies and gentlmen the stuuuuuuuff! its low in fat tasty all natural and comes in five diffrent flavors! warning:stuff may caus zombification streching and melthing of the body dissolvation being eaten by the stuff and overall death do not put in eyes mouth or rectum stuff cooperations is not responsible for cheesy looking death and crappy movieness
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Sarasvati
The movie I remember by this title was one where some teenagers ate the "stuff" and were turned into giants that terrorized their little town...some midgets showed up at the end looking for it to get taller...
Reply #20. Posted on July 05, 2004, 10:40:44 PM by Alana
I am soooo happy other folk have seen this film. I remember it from years ago but all my friends think i made it up. I really need to find it on video so they dont think i am crazy!!
Reply #21. Posted on December 11, 2004, 01:03:41 PM by mrcrisp
Whats the calorie count then on The Stuff per 100g?
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by tipringsleeve
Wow, I haven't even tried to remember this movie until recently I was reminded of it. My occupation is as a sound engineer for a performinig arts venue, and I usaually wind up working with a lot of very nice performers, usually to put it in a pleasant manor, "past their prime'. Well, one of those perfomers was Andrea Marcovicci. I introduced myself, exchanged some words about her show, and during the sound check, I kept thinking where have I seen her before? I don't really know her from her music, mabye I know her on TV, no.......oh crap! That's right, that really bad horror movie that I enjoyed in my youth, "The Stuff" !!! Sure enough, I looked in the playbill and she listed the movie in her bio. I think I am going to order a copy for giggles, but alas Andrea's show is over with, so I can't even get her to autograph it!!
Reply #23. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Max Alan Zoller
What many people seem to fail to notice is that this film is satire against consumism, and in that, it actually works. I don't think this film wanted to be 100% serious, the military patriotic fool is just too comedic to be true. It's a clever attempt at a horror\\comedy aimed to spoof a capitalist society. You just HAVE to love a man so stupid to eat strange stuff that bubbles from the ground. And Mo. Great movie! (worst? You've never seen the worst!).
Reply #24. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by lee
Holy s**t this film brings back some memories. I loved this film as a kid, i could always remmember that scene where chocolate chip charlies mouth streched to the size of george bush's ego! Unforgetable!
|Pages: 1 2  4 5 |