|Copyright 1993 Republic Pictures Corp.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Charles and Holly - Leaders of the youth group, Holly's entire contribution to the plot is providing Charles a sperm dump.
- Melissa - Charles' anti-social daughter. Yep, put him in charge of more kids.
- Panic - Kleptomaniac gang member who loves his dog. He turns into a giant tick...
- Tyler - Nerd kid who is scared of being left alone. (Isn't the woods peaceful Tyler? No crowds...)
- Kelly - Introvert Asian girl who hates fish.
- Rome and Dee Dee - The horny kids on this trip.
- Sir and Jerry - Two marijuana growers intent on protecting their crop. Both become tick meals.
- Jarvis - Marijuana grower whose herbal steroid mutates the ticks. Becomes a human breeding ground and pops.
- The Ticks - Softball sized ticks with a hallucinogenic toxin.
|The premise is bad, I'll admit, but you have to love the sight of a softball-sized tick scuttling across the floor. Add to this a group of dysfunctional teenagers and two demented marijuana growers and you've got a plot! The special effects aren't so special but they're gooey; for some reason mutated ticks are covered in slime.
A group of inner city youths is participating in a program where they are taken into the woods and given access to hatchets and fire. Great idea! Generation X doesn't get a chance to regress though, they are soon beset by horror of horrors: Jerry and "Sir." Through a complicated course of events only one of the kids is killed and a forest fire kills the ticks. Except one, attached to the bottom of their van...
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Calming music does not belong in scenes involving tire blowouts.
- Kids always carry flash paper.
- Tick pods are full of maple syrup.
- If something is burrowing under the skin of your chest don't shoot at it you moron.
- Herbal steroids will cause massive mutations in wood ticks, um, because they have wood in their name...
- Being stabbed in the knee does little to impede movement.
- Never send a brain-damaged idiot to fetch the van.
- Anabolic steroids are painkillers.
- Giant ticks will explode spectacularly if touched by flame.
- 7 mins - I've been looking at this machine for about 2 minutes and still have no idea what it's intent is.
- 25 mins - This slow "pan up the wall" scene is painfull.
- 36 mins - Hey Panic! Did you say, "Brutus?" Would he move? (you'll have to watch the movie)
- 45 mins - Nobody is freaking out that this dead dog's body is jumping around?
- 62 mins - Flame retardant Christmas tree ad...
- 70 mins - It's supposedly night but that is definately sunlight.
- 84 mins - I'm sorry? The van magically moved closer? And how did Tyler get into the driver's seat so fast?
- 85 mins - Who left a trail of gas to the propane tank?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Panic: "See, they call me 'Panic' cause I never do."
||Charles: "And poor Kelly, a prisoner of her own troubled mind. In the end, I fear this group will not successfully bond, despite their common antagonist."
||Vet: "A wood tick!" |
Charles: "Ticks do not get this big."
Vet: "It's a tick. Severely altered, but a tick all the same."
||Jerry: "Yeah, they bite like a son of a bitch."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Mad Donna
Ever wonder what happened to Tap Dance Kid Alfonso Ribiero? Nah, me neither but here he is playing second fiddle to a bunch of mutated ticks. Actually he is in good company, Rance Howard (Ron's brother) is doing movies like this while Ron is out winning Oscars; Ami Dolenz (daughter of ex-Monkee Mickey Dolenz) is a spoiled brat kid whom I kept hoping woould die; and Peter Scolari from the TV show "Newhart" is a camp counselor.
Actually you sort of wish the whole cast would die . . .and with the body count in this movie you won't be disappointed.
Rance is using toxic chemicals to grow bigger, stronger marijuana and the runoff mutates ticks into flesh eating monsters. Now, if Rance had just stuck to moonshine we wouldn't have had a movie.
Good effects, some real skin crawling moments, but it jumps the track when the ticks become giants. Up to that point it was okay. Now all those people should go out and get better agents.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by MarioG14
I still don't see a being stabbed in the knee with a switchblade doesn't affect motion, but then again.... That guy was probably too high to feel it.
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Thomas
Been trying to find this movie on DVD so I can utilize the
zoom feature of my player to 'drool over' every gorgeous
inch of ROME's chiseled physique. Hadn't caught him in any
other flicks but he is one 'pleasin' hunk to feast your eyes on. 'RIPPED TO THE MAX' he posesses beautiful plank-
like abs & a classicly carved upper chest. He's a bit shy
in the biceps dept. but I suppose he's taken care of that
by now. He can cuddle up with me in the comforts of my bed-
Reply #20. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Adam A
I know a guy who was in this movie. He played Sir I beleive, one of those two, can't remember exactly, It's been a while since I've seen it. I would give his name, but I don't think he would forgive me. He's mainly embarrased that he was in it, and even more surprised Thst I saw it (I explained that it was three in the morning and I had insomnia). Strangely enough, I don't think he made any movies after this.
Reply #21. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by ;D
I actually enjoyed this movie when I was 12 years old :/ - I just watched it over, and over, and over again - I guess it was coz my mum would never let me watch something like this normally, so I decided to make up for all the "missed-out-on" gore.
I have no-idea if I would still enjoy it, now that I'm 23, but the answer to that would be more than likely YES - simply because I am a sucker for fun childhood memories. :)
Reply #22. Posted on April 22, 2006, 02:38:56 PM by Dave
You have to remember, that these kinda movies are made not for awards...but for shock value. I will admit, I liked it. Then again I liked the toxic avenger, hell night, evil dead, a lot of the grade B classics and this should be in any horror movie fans collections.
Posted on March 19, 2008, 02:29:23 PM by BixDugan
Wow. I need to see this. Apparently also known as "Infested" BTW...
|Pages: 1 2  |