|THE TOXIC AVENGER PART II
|Copyright 1989 Troma Team
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- The Toxic Avenger - New Jersey's premiere superhero, he's having some serious personal problems these days.
- Claire - Toxie's main squeeze, despite being blind her eyes have an annoying habit of focusing on everybody.
- Masami - Japanese girl who befriends the down and out superhero.
- Dad and Mom - Toxie's that is, these people should be living in Florida.
- The Bad Girls - Evil tramps employed by the Apocalypse Corporation. Trounced by Toxie.
- Big Mac - Evil sumo wrestler who Toxie mistakes for his father. Crunched.
- Fish Boy - I don't know what else to call him, it's this guy with a fish for a head who briefly fights with Toxic. Carved into sushi.
- The Chairman - Of Apocalypse that is, an evil man who wishes to rule Tromaville.
- Horde of Thugs, Ninja, etc - Fodder.
|Big fans of the original Toxic Avenger waited four years for this one, I'm pretty sure they were mad. (My first viewing of this was about ten minutes after seeing the first one.) My hypothesis is thus: Lloyd Kaufman wanted to visit Japan, so he wrote a movie in which his biggest cash cow goes there. Presto, instant vacation! I'm scratching my head to figure out how this flick ended up being so bad. Somehow the girls are uglier, the gore is poorly done, and listening to Toxie's narration throughout the film is usually annoying. He sounds like a pimply college student by the way. All this on a larger budget. Tromaville is a happy place since our hero cleaned up the criminals, but he's not happy. Morose and feeling a lack of purpose the Toxic Avenger really wants to meet his father. The Apocalypse Corporation wants to take over the town, so they send him on a wild goose chase to Japan. "Your dad lives in Japan! Yeah!" Once there the monster befriends Masami, she eventually leads him to Big Mac, the head dude for Apocalypse in Tokyo. He's also masquerading as the missing father, the "Tromatons" (Toxie's special cells which cause him to destroy evil.) kick in and fake dad gets mushed, but not before poisoning Toxie with "AntiTromatons." Kind sumo wrestlers nurture him back to health so he might return home and stop Apocalypse. While there are some interesting sight gags, Sgt Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. did the Japanese parody much better, predominately I was bored or outright annoyed while watching this movie.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Grandma should not shake her booty.
- Blind people are really good at croquet.
- Your head is mounted on a ball joint.
- Never underestimate a midget armed with a hammer.
- Tokyo looks a lot like Paris?
- Fat guys make some darn tasty ramen.
- Sequels can be worse than bad, they can SUCK.
- Two fish and a rope = nunchuks.
- Echinoderms make excellent throwing stars.
- Companies like to brand people.
- 4 mins - Hmmm, Claire got old...
- 7 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST GRANDMA!
- 14 mins - The headless guys are dancing? This is a little too stupid.
- 31 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 38 mins - I'm getting annoyed and bored.
- 40 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 45 mins - Obviously her real voice...
- 52 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A HORSE AND CARRIAGE!
- 61 mins - A swordfish! Get it? Hehe? Oh come on, I need something to laugh at.
- 79 mins - I guess kneeing a woman in the crotch does work.
- 87 mins - Suddenly the cars go from being on a road to some deserted parking lot...
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Bad Girl: "Everybody knows that if you want something to work you buy a Japanese product!"
||Claire: "Melvin! Must you always smother my cooking in Drano before you even taste it?"
||Toxie: "So, every time I sense evil, these Tromatons inside me force me to destroy it."
||Toxie: "And before I could say Sigmund Freud, my father put on this...this diaper! To see my own father in a diaper - whoa!"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|The EPA might love this superhero, but what about the embassy? Toxie was strolling along with his girlfriend (through downtown "Japan" I guess) when a stereotypical gang of ruffians attacked.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
|The Toxic Avenger Part II
Reply #9. Posted on October 24, 2004, 04:08:17 AM by Jake Hainey
This is by far the second best Toxie Movie (Citizen Toxie is the best)
|The Toxic Avenger Part II
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Ron Fazio
Yes, I was one of the toxic avenger's in Parts 2 and 3...the other guy, john altamura, was asked to leave the set because he was so difficult to work with. I took over the lead and finished both parts, filming in NY and in Japan. We had a blast filming this movie, it was crazy...partly bacause we all knew that the continuity of the first film was no where to be found. Hey, that was lloyd and michael, they are two dudes who just do what they felt. We partied every night in the hotel and even had extras staying over in our rooms because they didn't have the budget to put them up. Once we had 15 people in one room. There was Jerry Yates,Phil Rivo, Rick Collins, Benny Nieves, Paul Borghese, myself, and quite a few other characters. Yeah, it was filmed in Croton but you all should know that many movies are filmed in thew exact location in which they were set. My tromatons are tingling.
|Re: The Toxic Avenger Part II
Posted on October 16, 2008, 11:23:01 AM by vanightwolf
I recall that "Toxic Avenger Part 3" is subtexted as: "The Last Temptation Of Toxie", wherein Toxie must battle the Devil himself. But in "Part 4", our slimy hero is temporarily replaced by his evil parallel-universe counterpart "The Noxious Avenger" -- and Tromaville reacts by sending in a quartet of other Tromatic superheros -- including Sgt. Kabukiman. And you probably thought those Toxic Avenger cartoons ("Toxic Crusaders") were bottom-of-the-barrel overkill. Trashophiles rejoice!
|Re: The Toxic Avenger Part II
Posted on October 16, 2008, 11:45:25 AM by Psycho Circus
I only like this movie for two reasons;
1. The totally awesome theme song and...
2. Phoebe Legere
|Pages: 1  |