|JACK FROST 2
|Copyright 2000 A-Pix Films
| Reviewed by Ash Spice Films
on 12 April 2001
- Jack Frost - The mutant killer snowman from the original, now stronger and angrier.
- Agent Manners - Returns from his death in the original, now as a different actor.
- Captain Fun - Energetically annoying young man who works at the resort. Stabbed through the eye by a snowball.
- Sheriff Sam - Hero of the original seeking a land without killer snowmen.
- The Vacationers - A large group of very dumb tourists on the island, most of them are from the prequel.
- The Snowballs - Jack's army of mini-killer snowmen.
|In the original, notorious serial killer Jack Frost was caught by a small town cop, but was turned into a mutant killer snowman on his way to his own execution. You can tell just by hearing that much that this isn't going to be a very serious horror movie.
Jack Frost, the mutant killer snowman, is back and better than ever, due to testing that was done on his molecules by some kind of secret scientists. Sam and his wife from the original return for the sequel, but this Christmas they want to get away. So they join their neighbors on a vacation to a tropical resort for this Christmas. They arrive at the tropical resort at the same time as a few dumb teens and a modeling group who are preparing to shoot a swimsuit calendar. They are all mere fodder for Jack Frost, as you can easily guess. There are a few more plot points, like the return of Manners, the "scary dude" from the original, but in this movie they really don't matter. All you need to know is that the characters from the original are on a tropical island retreat and one mutant killer snowman just washed up on the beach. This is the kind of movie you can watch with your brain turned off.
Then it gets really insane. A more powerful Jack goes on a rampage, smashing people with ice anvils, stabbing eyes out with salad tongs, and looking for Sam the whole time. Jack uses his magical powers to turn the entire island into winter, covering everything in ice and snow. The vacationers aren't shocked, they even begin having snowball fights. When Jack joins their games the blood begins to spray. When Sam tries to kill Jack with antifreeze, it just makes him vomit an army of killer snowball baby Jacks.
This movie is much better than the original. It is much more lighthearted (especially in the cut version) and has much more humor. The effects, while still pretty horrible, are better. They are obviously fake and that makes the movie all the more entertaining. This is the only movie I can think of that has a perverted ice cube getting revenge on an ex-lover by blowing her head up. It is the idiotic ideas like this that make this movie so great. It is refreshing to see a new good B-movie because most new filmmakers don't like to go the idiot road. But this movie knows exactly what it is: a movie about a mutant killer snowman. It doesn't try to be anything else, and that is what makes it so entertaining to B-movie fans like me. Be sure to try and catch the uncut version for the gore and the uncut pool scene!
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- A-Pix sequels can be better than the original.
- If you destroy a killer snowman with antifreeze, only spilt coffee can bring him back to life.
- Having your face eaten in a movie will force you to wear an eye patch for the sequel.
- Anybody who goes swimming naked is just asking to get killed by a snowman.
- If icicles aren't killing your victims, an anvil should do the trick.
- Never, ever lean up to a cute little snowball if it just came out of a mutant killer snowman's throat.
- Tropical islands can become winter wonderlands with the help of a reincarnated serial killer.
- 3 mins - They actually have opening credits this time.
- 7 mins - Death of the "idiot" character from part one.
- 19 mins - Death by falling anvil!
- 31 mins - An ice cube having a good time... ...then an exploding head!
- 36 mins - Captain Fun's ultimate plan!
- 51 mins - Like "A Christmas Story" with gore.
- 70 mins - Can you say "screwed?"
- 75 mins - The secret lives of snowballs.
- 84 mins - As emotional as a scene about a family of snowmen can get.
- 86 mins - Jack in the box.
- 89 mins - A sample from "Jack Frost 3?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Captain Fun: "There will be no squeezing or squealing on my watch, Mr. Funsucker!"
||The little icecubes pleading. All want to be used to "perk up" the swimsuit model.
||Marla: "Oh come on Sam; we don't even know if it is Jack Frost!" |
Sam: "No Marla, it's probably some other walking talking snowman that everybody's talking about!"
||Anne: "Oh my God! Sam's allergic to bananas! You remember a year ago, when Sam's blood got into the antifreeze. Well, that's when they linked up. Well, maybe when that happened, Jack inherited Sam's banana allergy."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|All the loony guests are having a snowball fight and enjoying themselves until Jack joins the fray. What is spraying from the stump after the man's arm is cut off anyway? Pie filling?
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
|Jack Frost 2
Reply #9. Posted on January 25, 2003, 05:12:12 PM by DerekR
After the first one being so great in every aspect, i had high hopes for this one. The one thing that brought this one down from the first one was the camera, it was shot with the same camera grain as soft core porn movies you see on showtime, which kinda took away from the feel the first one had. Also the comedy is no where near as funny as the first and the deaths arent as cool. But either way it was repsectable just not as good as the first
|Jack Frost 2
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by coy
This movie is awesome! From the great opening, to the extremely gory deaths, to Captain Fun and Activity Boy, to that clip they showed at the end credits where a giant carrot crushes a ship, This movie is pure fun and highly entertaining.
"I now pronounce you totally freakin' dead!"
- Jack Frost
|Jack Frost 2
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Break It
The DVD version has a lot of gore and nudity that was cut from the VHS version (not that we watch this films to see naked chicks, mind you....;)
|Jack Frost 2
Reply #12. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Tor Satana
Here's an idea:
Rent the Michael Keaton family film (the one where he is reincarnated as a snowman) and then splice in some short clips from this film...then return it to the video store.
Hilarity would ensue.
|Pages: 1  |