|Copyright 1983 American Eagle
| Reviewed by Adam Eshack
on 'a long time ago'|
- Angela - Very pretty, quiet girl traumatized by her father's death; picked on by just about everyone in the camp since she's quiet.
- Ricky - Angela's cousin; often keeps an eye out on the people who give her a hard time.
- Paul - Ricky's best friend; falls for Angela, but has a hard-on for Judy as well; head lopped off.
- Judy - Total bitch who loves to give Angela a hard time; killed with a hair curler.
- Artie - Pedophile chef; gets third-degree burns from a boiling pot that is knocked on top of him.
- Mel - Slobby camp leader who spends most of his time flirting with Meg; gets an arrow right through the neck.
- Ronnie and Susie - The only nice counselors to Angela in the movie.
- Meg - Stuck up counselor who isn't too happy about Angela; often flirts around with Mel; stabbed to death.
- Mozart - A chubby kid who is picked on by all the kids in the camp.
|This popular '80's teen slasher flick is one of the more disturbing films I've had to sit through, leaving more chills down my spine than any other horror movie ever did to me. The acting and dialogue are ridiculous, but writer/director Robert Hiltzik (who dedicates this film to his mom) develops a creepy atmosphere throughout, the death scenes are original and gruesome, and I guarantee you that the ending will turn you into an insomniac. E-mail me if it doesn't scare the hell out of you. At Camp Arawak, Ricky is hoping his silent niece Angela will have a great time, but all the people keep on giving the poor girl a hard time since she doesn't speak much. When dead bodies begin piling on around the camp, is it Angela, Ricky, one of the counselors, or some other weirdo camper slashing their way through the camp? The film keeps you guessing right up to the clever, fucked up little twist in the end that will surprise anyone watching. The faults are that it is a bit slow in spots and the acting is horrible, though Felissa Rose is excellent as Angela, especially with her creepy stare. This movie marks as one of the scariest films I've ever seen. Followed by two campy sequels.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Camp counselors don't send campers home when murders happen around the camp.
- Hair curlers can be used as weapons.
- All chefs at camps are pedophiles who consider kids as "baldies."
- Don't fall for the mind over matter trick.
- 5 mins - This hyperventilating girl's attempts at acting are hilariously awful.
- 7 mins - The aunt seems like she's on some drugs.
- 19 mins - Ouch, pretty painful looking third-degree burns.
- 23 mins - What's with the counselors and their awful clothing styles?
- 43 mins - Meg really needs to lighten up about Angela.
- 49 mins - Ouch! Deadly bee death.
- 53 mins - Hey, stop looking at the camera!
- 63 mins - Obvious that Meg is wearing a little top in the shower
- 70 mins - Best dramatic actor award goes to Mike Kellin (Mel).
- 75 mins - Ouch!! Arrow through the neck.
- 80 mins - Notice when she's standing, there is a knife in her hand in one shot and in the next shot, the knife's replaced by an axe.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Judy: "Don't you know (that) girls mature before boys?" |
Ricky: "That's bullsh*t and you know it!"
Judy: "Ricky, I don't have time for your nonsense right now."
||Ricky: "Why don't you leave her alone? She's just quiet." |
Meg: "If she were any quieter she'd be dead."
||The kids having a friendly game of softball.
||Meg: "Listen Angela: if you're not going to participate in our activities then you just sit there and you do nothing. That does not include talking with the boys. You're not a God damn prima donna! You know? Understand?"
||Mel: "Why make things easier for the killer?" |
Ronnie: "Hey, don't talk like that. We don't know anything for sure yet."
Mel: "I know! I've known all along; I've seen the hate in his eyes!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Artie gets his just desserts. Why didn't the moron just do a tuck and roll? Instead he grabbed that big pot of boiling water and pulled it down on top of himself.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |