|SLEEPAWAY CAMP 3
|Copyright 1988 NELSON
| Reviewed by Adam Eshack
on 'a long time ago'|
- Angela - Bruce Springsteen's cute young sister is back as Angela, the hermaphroditic psychopath heading back at Camp Rolling Hills to kill more people just for the helluvit in disguise as a punk Maria.
- Marcia - Played by Melanie Griffifth's younger sister Tracy; happy camper who falls for Tony; the heroine of the story.
- Herman - Played by Michael J. Pollard, lovable old guy who pops up in many movies, most notably "Bonnie and Clyde;" Pollard obviously needing a quick paycheck, but is funny here as a horny head counselor who's very proud of his Playboy belt; often cheats on wife Lily; beaten with a stick and stabbed to death by Angela.
- Tony - Your typical nice guy from the wrong side of the tracks; the hero of the story, though he doesn't do much next to following Marcia around.
- Bobby - Nerdy jock who wants to be in camp so it'll look good on his resume; makes the big mistake of trying to make out with Angela; Angela yanks his arms off.
- Lily - One of the head counselors at Camp New Horizons; sits around like a bum most of the time and has everyone doing stuff for her while she enjoys reading traveler magazines; gets her head mowed off by a lawnmower.
- Riff - Tough, but mostly quiet black guy who loves listening to rap music; this character is the only really likable character in the film; Angela stabs him in the head with nails.
- Cindy - Real snobby, rich girl at camp; Angela crushes her head.
- Snowboy - Punk who loves to make graffiti wherever he goes; Angela slams his head with a baseball bat.
- Barney - Police officer working for Camp New Horizons as one of the counselors; gunned down by Angela.
- Maria - Girl with the words "milk shake" written on her breasts; supposed to go to camp until Angela runs her over with a garbage truck and disposes of her body.
- Tawny - News reporter trying to get a coverage on the camp and hoping to get some drugs from students; Angela gives her laundry detergent disguised as cocaine which she makes the mistake of snorting.
- Greg - Macho, but polite Asian guy; Angela stabs him with an axe.
- Peter - Bratty black guy with an obsession for lighting up firecrackers; Angela blows his head off with a firecracker.
- Anita - Nice, kind of quiet black girl at the camp; Angela stabs her with an axe.
- Arab - Tough, but cute Asian girl; Angela chops her head off with an axe.
- Jan - Slutty girl madly in love with Herman; slammed in the head to her death with a stick by Angela.
|Anyone notice how most of the characters are named after other characters from "West Side Story" and "Brady Bunch?" This third film in the series, which came out on the same year the second did, is a mediocre, obviously rushed horror film which moves at a steady pace and is mildly entertaining, but most of it is lame and the death scenes are sloppily edited, so we're left with nothing really exciting. Psychotic Angela is back, disguised as a young inner city camper in Camp Rolling Hills, which is now called Camp New Horizons to hide the fact that Angela last attacked there, and mixes together rich kids and inner city kids in camping groups. More kids start to piss her off and loads dead bodies pile on. Its a worthless and predictable sequel that will please fans of the first 2, but leave most others disappointed and it never breaks new territory. There are pretty good performances from the young cast and Pollard is hilarious in his small part, though Springsteen seems really bored here, and isn't as fun to watch as she was in the second and some of the deaths are funny. I might've liked it more if I might've seen an uncut version, which isn't available anywhere. For now, the sliced "R" version is the only one we have access to and it stinks, leaving the death scenes often implied. Rent the first or second for more gore and surprises.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Michael J. Pollard getting it on with a much younger girl isn't a pretty sight.
- 1 min - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 2 mins - Doesn't anyone notice this garbage truck chasing this girl down?
- 16 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOTS!
- 24 mins - Oh no, the movie scene we always feared of; ol' Pollard getting it on with a young girl.
- 25 mins - Horribly staged death scene; Pollard doesn't even seem to know what he's supposed to be doing in this scene while Angela is beating him with a stick.
- 26 mins - You're dead now Pollard--at least hold your breath in.
- 30 mins - Peter's face looks an awful lot like clay with that firework in his nose.
- 41 mins - Cindy, stop with the ridiculous whining already and scream out for help!
- 57 mins - Angela was pretty quick to dig that big hole.
- 58 mins - Lawnmower to the head.
- 60 mins - Hmmm, why don't I just put this tape on my radio that someone threw in my tent and not even check to see who threw it to me?
- 75 mins - It's not hard to figure out what is going to happen here.
- Cindy: "Why are you doing this to me?"
Angela: "Because you're a cheerleader, a fornicator, a drug taker, a nasty, snotty bigot, and besides that, you're real nice!!"
- Bobby: "I like being tied up. Especially next to you, it turns me on!"
- Angela (singing): "Angels are pretty, angels can fly, and here is an angel that can make you die. Got no style, got no flare, all you do is fight and swear. So say your prayer and make amends, cause your life story is about to end."
- Angela: "Everytime I go to camp, someone loses their head!"
- Bobby: "I really appreciate this. You know--I don't want you to think that I don't respect you or anything, cause I really do. I think you're a really neat person. So... ...when do we screw!?"
- Angela (before killing Bobby): "Thank god there'll be one less idiot in politics."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Reporter: "Ironically, Camp New Horizons was formerly known as Camp Rolling Hills, where last year nineteen people were brutally slain by alleged psychopath Angela Baker."
||These two guys disagree.
||Teenage Waste: "Party all night, teenage wasteland!"
||A girl laying it down.
||Angela: "So you like to be tied up, huh?" |
Bobby: "Yeah, but don't tell anyone, okay? Cause, the wrong person found out, I could lose an election someday."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
|Re: Sleepaway Camp 3
Posted on January 01, 2007, 09:23:20 PM by SaintMort
I get so mad watcing this movie because it'd be SO much better if they didn't have to delete so many scenes... f**king MPAA
All in all though Sleepaway Camp Series is one of the best horror movie series out there.
|Re: Sleepaway Camp 3
Reply #2. Posted on January 04, 2008, 08:12:16 PM by Jeff
:hot:Dude, I Like It.
|Pages:  |