|THE STAY AWAKE
|Copyright 1987 Stay Awake Investment & Management.
| Reviewed by Demian, Denyse Mercer, and Jode Carrasco
on 'a long time ago'|
- The Angel of Darkness - An executed serial murderer/rapist who just won't die. Oh, and he sometimes turns into a big green squirrel/cat/rat/thing.
- Miss Walton - The heroine of the film, a poor soul who has to keep a bunch of obnoxious girls in line while battling evil with javelins and tables.
- Samantha the Rich Girl - Whines, has money; doesn't die, sadly.
- Amy - Strangled by a fire hose, becomes a bride of darkness... ...or something.
- Alison - The popular (in the sex-and-cigarettes kinda way) girl. Becomes a bride of darkness.
- Jason - Alison's boyfriend. Tongued to death (not by Alison).
- Robbie, Larry and unnamed nerdy guy - Jason's friends; splattered and decapitated like a bunch of moldy cantaloupes.
- Jennifer, Sheryl, Carrie and other girls - A bunch of girls. They kind of hang around and act annoying.
- Mr. Stark - The British (?) handyman. Listens to music, carries a gun, and has his heart pop out of his chest like a slice of burnt toast.
|In America, a cruel and horrid serial murderer and rapist is executed for his crimes. Years later in Europe, a bunch of girls hold a fund-raising "Stay Awake" for their school, St. Mary's School for Girls. How staying up all night is going to earn money remains unexplained, but it doesn't really matter since Mr. Evil Guy decides to pay a visit in the form of a green slimy bipedal rodent thing. Tongues lash out, potted plants cry like babies, heads get smashed, things explode, and it all comes to an ambiguous end after ninety minutes of pain.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- You can build an entire movie around fifty minutes of POV shots.
- Monkey masks containing severed heads are heavier than monkey masks not containing severed heads.
- Death chamber gas works like reverse helium.
- British handymen sound rather like Grover.
- It is possible to make a sleepover movie without including any nudity.
- Evil is both short and noisy.
- Untrained schoolgirls are deadly shots with javelins.
- Don't approach a potted plant that's crying like a baby.
- Stools are capable of evil laughter.
- 2 mins - That "corpse" is breathing...
- 4 mins - It's like an "Evil Dead" shot, but slower and full of flowers.
- 5 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BUNS OF STEEL!
- 10 mins - RANDOM EXPLODING RADIO.
- 18 mins - She just turned off the musical door.
- 21 mins - Uh oh, they're showing family photos. This guy's gonna die!
- 23 mins - This movie appears to be watching us back.
- 39 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BR... ...never mind; she's showering in a towel.
- 47 mins - Let me get this straight; we're watching this scene from the point of view of a killer fire hose!?
- 49 mins - I bet he learned that trick from Barugon.
- 54 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A GUY IN AN APE MASK!
- 62 mins - Y'know, abandoning your student like that is actually surprisingly intelligent.
- 63 mins - That's not evil, it's a Fourth of July snake!
- 68 mins - Gee. The car won't start.
- 69 mins - RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A CAR!
- 73 mins - Her arm's on fire and she's not putting it out or anything?!
- 74 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BR... ...never mind.
- 86 mins - A song?! NOOOOOOOO!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Now it is time for the amazing heart popping scene, just the sort of thing to put you in the mood for breakfast.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |